1. "… for overstrong was the command to hold fast to each smallest particle of time, to the smallest particle of every circumstance, and to embody all of them in memory as if they could be preserved in memory through all deaths for all times."
- Hermann Broch, The Death of Virgil
2. "All at once we were madly, clumsily, shamelessly, agonizingly in love with each other; hopelessly, I should add, because that frenzy of mutual possession might have been assuaged only by our actually imbibing and assimilating every particle of each other's soul and flesh; but there we were, unable even to mate as slum children would have so easily found an opportunity to do so."
- Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita
3. "each elementary particle is paired with a superpartner particle. However, the LHC has not detected any of these predicted"
- Andrew Thomas, Hidden In Plain Sight 2: The Equation of the Universe
4. "That is the crowning evil, that we can even go so far as to love each other, you and I. And who else would show us a particle of love, a particle of compassion or mercy? Who else, knowing us as we know each other, could do anything but destroy us? Yet we can love each other."
- Anne Rice, Interview with the Vampire
5. "A child is born, and the world sets in upon it. Taking things from it, stuffing things into it. Each bite of food, each particle of light entering the eye—the body can never be pure."
- Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See
6. "Each subatomic particle within you is in touch with all that is. Every particle in the universe takes its characteristics from the pitch and pattern and overtones of its particular frequencies, its singing. What the senses say is that we are not apart from, but a part of all that we perceive. We are not in but of the web of relationship. A deeper and more vivid reality lies beyond language, beyond social convention, and especially beyond ego. To approach events wide open and without judgment is to achieve the first condition leading to perfect rhythm. The function of small talk is entrainment. Each of us is a holoid of the universe. The more you move in rhythm with someone, the closer you become with that person."
- George Leonard, The Silent Pulse: A Search for the Perfect Rhythm that Exists in Each of Us
8. "We live in succession, in division, in parts, in particles. Meantime within man is the soul of the whole; the wise silence; the universal beauty, to which every part and particle is equally related, the eternal ONE."
- Quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson
9. "The universe was exploding, each particle away from the next, hurtling us into dark and lonely space, eternally tearing us away from each other - child out of the womb, friend away from friend, moving from each other, each through his own pathway towards the goal-box of solitary death."
- Daniel Keyes, Flowers for Algernon