1. "completely different lenses. The racial divide is about the reality each side sees. Each side believes its view is the true reality, and we can’t understand why the other side doesn’t see the same thing and understand our reality."
- Benjamin Watson, Under Our Skin: Getting Real about Race. Getting Free from the Fears and Frustrations that Divide Us.
2. "Birth, life, and death― each took place on the hidden side of a leaf."
- Quote by Toni Morrison
3. "... -- the periwinkles looked exactly as if they were being poured down each side of the steps -- ..."
- Quote by Elizabeth von Arnim
5. "Who knows what is going on on the other side of each hour?"
- Quote by Juan Ramón Jiménez
6. "Thus those two beings, so exclusively and touchingly devoted, who had lived so long for each other alone, came to suffer side by side, each through the other, without ever speaking of the matter, without reproaches, each wearing a smile."
- Victor Hugo, Les Misérables
7. "... They knew how to combine science and religion so the two worked side by side, neither denying the other, each enriching the other."
- Quote by Ray Bradbury
8. "Is it not rather what we expect in men, that they should have numerous strands of experience lying side by side and never compare them with each other?"
- Quote by George Eliot
10. "All the gold in the world would fit in a cube roughly twenty meters on each side."
- John Lanchester, How to Speak Money: What the Money People Say--And What It Really Means