1. "the Egyptians learned very early that the bitter glucides unique to this fruit, now known as oleuropeina, could be removed from the fruit by soaking in water, and the fruit could be softened in brine. The salt would render it not only edible but enjoyable."
- Mark Kurlansky, Salt: A World History
2. "wild fruits are not nearly as rewarding as those domesticated fruits. The edible pulp of a forest fruit is often physically hard, and it may be protected by a skin, coat, or hairs that have to be removed. Most fruits have to be chewed for a long time before the pulp can be fully detached from the pieces of skin or seeds, and before the solid pieces are mashed enough to give up their valuable nutrients."
- Richard W. Wrangham, Catching Fire: How Cooking Made Us Human
6. "Beauty should be edible, or not at all."
- Quote by Salvador Dalí
8. "Everything here is edible; even I'm edible. But that, dear children, is cannibalism, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies."
- Quote by Johnny Depp
9. "Honey Citrus Fruit Kabab"
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland [Annotated and Illustrated]: 150th Anniversary Food in Literature & Culture Edition