5. "Your life is your life dont let it be clubed into dank submission"
- Quote by Charles Bukowski
6. "I grasp reality, but sometimes I like to choke it into submission."
- Quote by Lisa Kleypas
9. "With women poets we look at or into, but not up at, sacred things; we unlearn submission."
- Alicia Suskin Ostriker, Stealing the Language: The Emergence of Women's Poetry in America
10. "If a person is argued into submission or politically subdued in one area but the underlying emotional need isn’t met, he’ll simply create another headache somewhere else."
- Marshall Shelley, Ministering to Problem People in Your Church: What to Do With Well-Intentioned Dragons