1. suffrage was the prerogative of white adult males
- Bill Parcells, Parcells: A Football Life
2. "The National Reich Church of Germany categorically claims the exclusive right and the exclusive power to control all churches within the borders of the Reich: it declares these to be national churches of the German Reich."
- William L. Shirer, The Nightmare Years
3. "To promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries;"
- James Madison, The United States Constitution
4. "Simplicity, clarity, complexity, and ambiguity are not mutually exclusive states in language; the sensitive typographer is one who can manifest these states in the right mix by controlling the elements at his or her disposal."
- Quote by Timothy Samara
5. "Let's be exclusive' Charles Wallace said."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time
6. "exclusive information on your favorite HarperCollins author."
- Jack Higgins, Bad Company
7. "Worry and worship are mutually exclusive."
- Quote by John Blanchard
8. "Unless a man is prepared to ask a woman to be his wife, what right has he to claim her exclusive attention? Unless she has been asked to marry him, why would a sensible woman promise any man her exclusive attention? If, when the time has come for a commitment, he is not man enough to ask her to marry him, she should give him no reason to presume that she belongs to him."
- Elisabeth Elliot, Passion and Purity: Learning to Bring Your Love Life Under Christ's Control
9. "Forgiveness is spiritual. Punishment is legal. They’re not mutually exclusive."
- Jodi Picoult, The Storyteller
10. "Resolved Therefore that the General Assembly of this colony have the only and sole exclusive right and power to lay taxes and impositions upon the inhabitants of this colony and that every attempt to vest such power in any other person or persons whatsoever other than the General Assembly aforesaid has a manifest tendency to destroy British as well as AMERICAN FREEDOM.50 Men"
- Jon Meacham, Thomas Jefferson: The Art of Power