- Bill Parcells, Parcells: A Football Life
2. "participant in the segment of the market most closely"
- Eric von Hippel, Democratizing Innovation
3. "Let's be exclusive' Charles Wallace said."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time
4. "exclusive information on your favorite HarperCollins author."
- Jack Higgins, Bad Company
5. "Worry and worship are mutually exclusive."
- Quote by John Blanchard
6. "Measurability—Can you identify the segment? Can you quantify its size? Accessibility—Can you reach the segment through advertising, sales force or distributors, transportation, or warehousing? Substantiality—Is the segment large enough to bother with? Is the segment shrinking, maturing, or growing?"
- Steven Silbiger, The Ten-Day MBA 4th Ed.: A Step-By-Step Guide To Mastering The Skills Taught In America's Top Business Schools
7. "It is a little star-dust caught, a segment of the rainbow which I have clutched."
- Quote by Henry David Thoreau
8. "Eat this sweetish segment or spit it out. You are free."
- Anthony Burgess, A Clockwork Orange
9. "Forgiveness is spiritual. Punishment is legal. They’re not mutually exclusive."
- Jodi Picoult, The Storyteller
10. "Take any segment of population, impose strict yet clear definitions on their particular characteristics, then target them for compliance. Bribe the weak to expose the strong. Kill the strong, and the rest are yours. Move on to the next segment."
- Steven Erikson, Reaper's Gale