3. "I'm not President Bush"
- Quote by John McCain
4. "We need not fear God as we fear all other suffering, which burns and maims and kills. For God's fire, though it will perfect us, will not destroy, for 'the bush was not consumed."
- Quote by Thomas Cahill
6. "I just didn't believe Bush."
- Quote by Saddam Hussein
7. "Gregory of Nyssa points out that Moses's vision of God began with the light, with the visible burning bush, the bush which was bright with fire and was not consumed; but afterwards, God spoke to him in a cloud. After the glory which could be seen with human eyes, he began to see the glory which is beyond and after light. The shadows are deepening all around us."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Circle of Quiet
8. "the man who knew that his people were in the "fire of Egypt," which would some day be paralleled by the crematoria of contemporary history – to that Moses was shown, in the first communication from God, that the bush may burn, but it will not be consumed. The Jewish people may be in flames, but contrary to the laws of nature, they will never be destroyed. Am Yisrael Hai, the Jewish people will live forever, was the metaphorical message that served as the true purpose of the miracle of the burning bush. The burning bush was more than a miracle; it was a message."
- Benjamin Blech, Understanding Judaism: The Basics of Deed and Creed
9. "The part of us that has to be burned away is something like the deadwood on the bush; it has to go, to be burned in the terrible fire of reality, until there is nothing left but . . . what we are meant to be."
- Quote by Madeleine L'Engle
10. "Must not a poet hunt the unicorn through bush and bramble, through snow and fire, over desert and mountain, through thickets and over long barren roads even though he suspects sometimes that the unicorn does not exist- or exists only in his imagination?"
- May Sarton, The Poet and the Donkey: A Novel