1. "Privatizing our public schools makes as much sense as privatizing the fire department or or the police department"
- Quote by Diane Ravitch
2. "I was the first woman to burn my bra - it took the fire department four days to put it out."
- Quote by Dolly Parton
3. "If you need to find out the kindling point of paper (451° F), don’t call an academic, call the fire department."
- Quote by Ray Bradbury
4. "I called for back up, Nudge said. The police, fire department, paramedics, and a few different pizza delivery places are all on their way."
- Quote by James Patterson
6. "Our department takes 1,120 calls every day. Do you know how many of the calls the public expects perfection on? 1,120. Nobody calls the fire department and says, 'Send me two dumb-ass firemen in a pickup truck.' In three minutes they want five brain-surgeon decathlon champions to come and solve all their problems."
- Quote by John Eversole
7. "If your negligent neighbor falls asleep with a lit cigarette in his mouth, setting his house on fire, he’s irresponsible and guilty. But you don’t want him to perish in the blaze. Nor do you want his house setting the whole neighborhood on fire. So you call in the fire department, even though it will cost taxpayers money."
- Alan S. Blinder, After the Music Stopped: The Financial Crisis
8. "Call the fire department," I said, trying hard to stay calm. "On it." Bess said, digging into her pocket. "I'll text 911." "Don't text, call!" I said, feeling my heart pounding in the chest."
- Quote by Carolyn Keene
9. "This is the man who called the fire department when the toilet backed up, and I'm asking him for help. What was I thinking? Why am I attracted to weak men?"
- Christopher Moore, Bloodsucking Fiends