3. "Writing software is not a variable cost, but it's not really a fixed cost either. Writing software is an ongoing, revenue-generating operation of the company, and it is not the same as constructing a factory. The expensive craftsmen who build the factory leave and go to work on some other job after the building is erected."
- Alan Cooper, The Inmates Are Running the Asylum: Why High Tech Products Drive Us Crazy and How to Restore the Sanity
4. "Smee made the leap between mind and mechanism, concluding that it is apparent that thought is amenable to fixed principles. By taking advantage of a knowledge of these principles it occurred to me that mechanical contrivances might be formed which should obey similar laws, and give those results which some may have considered only obtainable by the operation of the mind itself."
- George Dyson, Darwin Among The Machines
5. "As long as free men are the prevailing majority in the earth there is a very good chance of breaking this cycle. To do so, however, free men must achieve an intelligent and dynamic solidarity at least as strong as the illusory but firmly fixed purposes of Homo-Marxian."
- W. Cleon Skousen, The Naked Communist
6. "Sufism is, in operation, pragmatic."
- Idries Shah, The World of the Sufi: An Anthology of Writings about Sufis and Their Work
7. "Growing older I descend November. The asymptotic cycle of the year plummets to now. In crystal reveries I pass beneath a fixed white line of trees where dry leaves lie for footsteps to dismember. They crackle with a muted sound like fear. That and the wind are all that I can hear. I ask cold air, What is the word that frees? The wind says, Change, and the white sun, Remember. —from Electra"
- Samuel R. Delany, Babel-17
9. "The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself."
- Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values
10. "leads to relationship. That's not the life cycle, that's the life cycle of sales."
- Jeffrey Gitomer, The Little Red Book of Selling: 12.5 Principles of Sales Greatness