7. "Do you know, Richard, that it's the weight of one flake of snow that is one too many, and causes an avalanche? Without that one, last flake, the catastrophe would not happen. When using magic, you must know which is the one snowflake too many before you add its weight. The avalanche will be out of all proportion to what you think the weight of that flake could invoke."
- Terry Goodkind, Stone of Tears
8. "Nature's silence is its one remark, and every flake of world is a chip off that old mute and immutable block."
- Annie Dillard, Teaching a Stone to Talk: Expeditions and Encounters
10. "The obsidian flake and the silicon chip are struck by the light of the same campfire that has passed from hand to hand since the human mind began."
- George Dyson, Project Orion: The True Story of the Atomic Spaceship