3. "When the world was flat on its back, what brought it back? American money and American energy, our humanitarianism and our sense of social responsibility for friend and foe alike."
- Scott Eyman, John Wayne: The Life and Legend
4. "Because newborns spent nine months free-floating while curled in the fetal position, many are uncomfortable lying flat on their backs on a firm mattress. However, back sleeping on a firm mattress is the most important protection against SIDS. If your newborn naps well only in a sling or in your arms, this aversion to flat, stiff positioning may be part of the issue."
- Elizabeth Pantley, The No-Cry Nap Solution: Guaranteed Gentle Ways to Solve All Your Naptime Problems
7. "There was only one road back to L.A. - U.S. Interstate 15. Just a flat-out high speed burn through Baker and Barstow and Berdoo. Then onto the Hollywood Freeway, and straight on into frantic oblivion. Safety. Obscurity."
- Quote by Hunter S. Thompson
8. "Maybe this was the job of a mother: to buy time for her child, no matter what. Even if it meant doing something she'd rather not; even if it left her flat on her back."
- Jodi Picoult, Change of Heart