4. "We have been trained not to waste food in the garbage, but to waste it on our bodies. Either way it is wasted. In one way, we just carry the waste with us."
- Quote by Brooke Castillo
5. "I believe I should be able to treat my hamburger like food, not like infectious fucking medical waste."
- Anthony Bourdain, Medium Raw: A Bloody Valentine to the World of Food and the People Who Cook
9. "Rioting over food: how could this be? Here was all this grain, food enough to feed half the world, sitting in piles at the train station, going to waste. Something was out of balance."
- Timothy Egan, The Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl
10. "Trayless cafeterias. Cafeteria managers have been taking a keen interest in reducing food waste. Seeing how easy it is to load up a tray with extra food that often goes uneaten and extra napkins that go unused, curious managers and students at Alfred University in New York tested a trayless policy over two days. When trays weren’t offered, food and beverage waste dropped between 30 and 50 percent!"
- Richard H. Thaler, Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health