4. "Thus on the tenth day of September we all crossed to the left bank of the Yaruga, only once being hailed by the guard, at whom Cahir, wrinkling his brow imperiously, shouted back something menacing about imperial service, backing up his words with the classically military and ever effective 'for fuck's sake'. Before anyone had time to grow curious about us, we were already on the left bank of the Yaruga and deep in the Riverdell forest..."
- Andrzej Sapkowski, Wieża Jaskółki
5. "This forest silence improves anyone."
- Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values
6. "Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism."
- Quote by George Washington
9. "The question caught me off guard."
- The Arbinger Institute, Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box