1. "There is not identity, nor non-identity, or non-coincidence, there is inside and outside turning about one another."
- Quote by Maurice Merleau-Ponty
2. "Human identity is no longer defined by what one does but rather by what one owns."
- Quote by Jimmy Carter
3. "Human identity is no longer defined by what one does, but by what one owns."
- Naomi Klein, This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs. the Climate
5. "Heard as a moralist’s diatribe, the Sermon on the Mount is an impossible-to-bear judgment. Read as a series of mandates for Jesus’ disciples, it is an impossible-to-attain standard. Heard as heaven’s dream for the creatures made in God’s own image, however, the sermon becomes an impossible-to-wait-for world of Eden restored. Read as the Heavenly Father’s reality in which we participate as his children by being transformed into the likeness of the one Perfect Son, it is our new-creation identity dawning on us and forming in our daily life habits. This is a righteousness that both fulfills the Law and the Prophets and exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees."
- Rubel Shelly, Divorce & Remarriage: A Redemptive Theology
6. "No war was ever fought for so many different reasons meeting in one reason clear as crystal. They fought to preserve their identity. Their political identity, their personal identity. Dr."
- Harper Lee, Go Set a Watchman
9. "Identity is such a crucial affair that one shouldn’t rush into it"
- Quote by David Quammen
10. "He who trades his identity for money will one day wind up with neither."
- Quote by Jim Goad