4. "atoll formed by three islands, only one of which"
- Robert D. Kaplan, Asia's Cauldron: The South China Sea and the End of a Stable Pacific
5. "I feel we are all islands - in a common sea."
- Quote by Anne Morrow Lindbergh
7. "white villas glittered against the olive woods! What quiet harbours, thronged with gallant shipping bound for purple islands of wine and spice, islands set low in languorous waters!"
- Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows
8. "Jesus, Karen, this bottle of Thousand Islands remembers where it was during the Kennedy assassination."
- Quote by Douglas Coupland
9. "From sorrow to sorrow love crosses its islands and establishes roots that are watered by weeping."
- Quote by Pablo Neruda