3. "Let's sum up: an unknown number of enemies with unknown capabilities, supported by a gang of madmen, packs of attack animals, and superhumanly intelligent pocket change."
- Quote by Jim Butcher
6. "Now in those days, my brothers, the teaming up was mostly by fours and fives, these being like auto-teams, for being a comfy number for an auto, and six being the outside limit for gang-size. Sometimes gangs would gang up so as to make like malenky armies for big nightwar, but mostly it was best to roam in these like small numbers."
- Anthony Burgess, A Clockwork Orange
8. "We wanted to select our own labour. In another year the time will be up for most of the original gang. You see, they were recruited during the first year of Berande, and their contracts expire on different months. "
- Jack London, Adventure
9. "Bosco Bob! Help! There were no returning shouts of I’ll save you from any cavalry, and Jazz just knew he was going to wind up in a road gang chained between guys named Bubba and Maurice."
- Chet Williamson, A Haunting of Horrors: A Twenty-Novel eBook Bundle of Horror and the Occult