1. "dripping-wet Gloss"
- Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire
2. "Wear your pain like lip gloss!"
- Tyne O'Connell, A Royal Match
3. "I’m not acting! shouted Cleo. She was in desperate need of more gloss."
- Lisi Harrison, The Ghoul Next Door
4. "The body often contains emotional truths that words can too easily gloss over."
- Quote by Esther Perel
5. "Wild Life by Molly Gloss Where Bigfoot Walks: Crossing the Dark Divide by Robert Michael Pyle"
- Nancy Pearl, Book Lust: Recommended Reading for Every Mood
6. "Sometimes you just have to put on lip gloss and pretend to be psyched."
- Mindy Kaling, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?
7. "When you say something stupid, gloss over it with superfast talking and maybe no one’ll notice."
- Cynthia Lord, Rules
8. "Each time she applied her lip gloss, she imagined another fleet of brain cells dying a horrible death."
- Michael Buckley, Tales From the Hood
9. "After running for my life from hunters, a girl with too much lip gloss doesn't register on my fear radar."
- Sophie Jordan, Firelight
10. "pretentious and over-active semicolons have reached epidemic proportions in the world of academe, where they are used to gloss over imprecise thought."
- Lynne Truss, Eats