1. "no' when no one answered, Derek looked from face to face, then settled his glower in me. 'absolutely not.' 'um, I was the one keeping my mouth shut' I said."
- Quote by Kelley Armstrong
2. "C’mon. Just a plate of food, and I promise, you don’t have to talk to anyone. You can just perch yourself in the corner, eat a plate of ribs, and glower. She winked. You know, be your usual self."
- Susan May Warren, Where There's Smoke
3. "We aren't getting married to save on labor, Mr. Creed.' Evie's glower could have burned through a sequoia. Twice. 'I, for one, am offended you think we're marriage mercenaries."
- Kelly Eileen Hake, Rugged and Relentless
4. "Thanks for everything, Daisy, he said, and as he passed the big woman, he kissed her lightly on the cheek. You’re the best cook north of New Orleans. She beamed at the compliment, then made herself glower. You just get on out of here and stop takin’ up my time, you fancy-talkin’ man! Steven"
- Linda Lael Miller, Emma And The Outlaw
5. "Tori walked toward the bed. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her give Derek a once-over. "You know, from this angle, he doesn't look too bad," she said. I glared at her. "I'm just saying . . ." I leaned over Derek, calling him as loudly as I dared. "Personally, I'm more a running back girl myself," Tori said. "But if you like the linebacker type, he's--" My glower shut her up"
- Kelley Armstrong, The Reckoning
6. "I made it two steps before he snorted. I turned to see him lying on his belly ready to jump up. He jerked his muzzle, telling me to come back. "I thought you'd want to be—" He cut me off with a snort. It was hard for a wolf to scowl, but he managed a good glower. I took the switchblade from my jacket pocket. "I'll be fine. I'm armed." A snort. I don't care. A head jerk. Get back here."
- Kelley Armstrong, The Reckoning
7. "And if you decide to kill somebody, make it anybody and not somebody: some men are made of more special, precious parts: do not kill if you will a president or a King or a man behind a desk - these have heavenly longitudes enlightened attitudes. If you decide, take us who stand and smoke and glower; we are rusty with sadness and feverish with climbing broken ladders"
- Quote by Charles Bukowski
8. "Tiger Lily made an attempt at a smile. After having felt the need to glower at other children for most of her life, smiles never came easily to her face. But this one was half all right. "I miss you already," he said. Tiger Lily wanted to say it back. But she held on to the words greedily, too caught in the habit of keeping herself a secret. And Peter-half sadly, half-expectantly-let her go."
- Jodi Lynn Anderson, Tiger Lily
9. "The manager thunks down a couple of steps, glares at her, glares at her for rather a long time. The manager, clearly, is tempted. That momentary glimpse of flesh has been ricocheting around in his brain for half an hour. He is wracking his mind with vast cosmological dilemmas. Y.T., hopes that he does not try anything, because the dentata's effects can be unpredictable. "Make up your fucking mind," she says. It works. This fresh burst of culture shock rattles the jeek out of his ethical conundrum. He gives Y.T. a disapproving glower -- she, after all, forced him to be attracted to her, forced him to get horny, made his head swim -- she didn't have to get arrested, did she? -- and so on top of everything else he's angry with her. As if he has a right to be. This is the gender that invented the polio vaccine?"
- Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
10. "There’s a price for not taking care of yourself as you claim you do so well. His eyes lift to mine and there is mischief in their depths. I’ll have to punish you. I glower at his reference to how well I take care of myself. Don’t be a smart-ass. I can take care of myself. So you say. His lips quirk, his eyes twinkle, and his dark mood has lightened in a flash as it often does. I’m just looking out for us both. I need you alive and well if I’m going to fuck you until you can’t forget my name. I feel myself heat from the inside out and I seize the opportunity to say what I had not earlier. You’ve already done that, but if you want to be an overachiever, feel free. Your wish is my command, he assures me. I somehow doubt that. Don’t doubt, baby, he says, and the laughter between us fades as we stare at each other with the promise of dark, erotic pleasure between us and so much more."
- Lisa Renee Jones, Being Me