2. "Paul Goodman commented that Few great men could pass personnel."
- Robert I. Sutton, Weird Ideas That Work: 11 1/2 Practices for Promoting
4. "Where have you been, Theodora?," Mrs Goodman asked. "Walking, Mother." "And whom did you see?" Mrs Goodman flung her grammar like a stone. "I did not see a cat," said Theodora. Mrs Goodman looked at her daughter, who giggled before she left the room."
- Patrick White, The Aunt's Story
6. "This is the only time in our lives we fall madly in love before we know what the person is like. ~Ellen Goodman"
- Quote by Lesley Stahl
7. "You ask why I smile, Goodman Mennis? Well, the Lord Ruler thinks he has claimed laughter and joy for himself. I'm disinclined to let him do so. This is one battle that doesn't take very much effort to fight."
- Brandon Sanderson, The Final Empire
8. "unequally; rarely do they assign equal weights to attributes when performing categorization (Goodman, 1955; Medin & Schaffer, 1978; Nosofsky, 1984; Ortony, 1979; Sutherland & Mackintosh, 1971; Trabasso & Bower, 1968: A. Tversky, 1977)."
- Lawrence W. Barsalou, Cognitive Psychology: An Overview for Cognitive Scientists
9. "It takes the black keys and the white keys both, to make perfect harmony. - Benny Goodman, The King of Swing reply to when he was asked as to why he had an integrated band"
- Quote by Benny Goodman
10. "Some years ago, after the disappearance of civil rights workers Chaney, Goodman, and Schwirner in Mississippi, some friends of mine were dragging the rivers for their bodies. This one wasn’t Schwirner. This one wasn’t Goodman. This one wasn’t Chaney. Then, as Dave Dennis tells it, It suddenly struck us—what difference did it make that it wasn’t them? What are these bodies doing in the river? That was nineteen years ago. The questions has not been answered, and I dare you to go digging in the bayou. —James Baldwin, The Evidence of Things Not Seen, 1985"
- Christopher Hitchens, No One Left to Lie To: The Triangulations of William Jefferson Clinton