3. "I like grit, I like love and death, I'm tired of irony."
- Quote by Jim Harrison
7. "If you grit your teeth and show real determination, you'll always have a chance."
- Quote by Charles M. Schulz
8. "In her TED talk, Dr. Duckworth said, One characteristic emerged as a significant predictor of success. It wasn’t social intelligence. It wasn’t good looks, physical health, and it wasn’t IQ. It was grit. Grit is a passion and perseverance for very long-term goals. Grit is stamina. . . . Grit is living life like it’s a marathon and not a sprint."
- Steve Mariotti, An Entrepreneur's Manifesto