Hasten Sentences from Popular Quotes and Books
2. "Appear at points which the enemy must hasten to defend; march swiftly to places where you are not expected."
Sun Tzu, The Art of War
3. "Kindle the candle of intellect in your heart and hasten with it to the world of brightness."
Quote by Nasir-i Khusraw
5. "Has any one supposed it lucky to be born? I hasten to inform him or her it is just as lucky to die, and I know it."
Walt Whitman, Song of Myself
6. "Has any one supposed it lucky to be born? I hasten to inform him or her it is just as lucky to die,"
Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
7. "...distraught I seize mine arms…And with my comrades hasten to the hold: frenzy and anger urge my headlong will, and death methinks how comely, sword in hand!"
Virgil, The Aeneid
9. "But I hasten to finish my story. Brevity is justified at once to those who readily understand, and to those who will never understand."
Quote by George Eliot
10. "God does not slack his promises because of our sins... or hasten them because of our righteousness and merits. He pays no attention to either."
Martin Luther, Commentary on Galatians