1. "I know of no one who would be a good High Commissioner of Palestine except God."
- Quote by John Chancellor
4. "As requested by quite a mixture—the Police Commissioner and two of his deputies, the District Attorney, a bunch of inspectors and deputy inspectors, not to mention Sergeant Purley Stebbins. I’m talking from the private office of the Commissioner—you know it; you’ve been here. After these days and nights of camaraderie with them—is that the way to pronounce it? Almost. Good. I am held in high esteem by the whole shebang, from Commissioner all the way down to Lieutenant Rowcliff, which is quite a distance. Wanting to show me what they think of me, they are bestowing a great honor on me. Having a request to make of you, they are letting me make it. They’re all sitting here gazing at me so tenderly I’ve got a lump in my throat. You ought to see them."
- Rex Stout, Prisoner's Base
5. "Batman: One more thing. When you find something out, you can call me on this. Commissioner Gordan: A cell phone with one button? Batman: A bat signal. Commissioner Gordan: Christ. He actually put a bat on it."
- Geoff Johns, Batman: Earth One
7. "People do not come out to vote for a United States Senator. They come out to vote for the Sheriff or the County Commissioner."
- Quote by Lyndon B. Johnson