3. "It's pitiful to have a life in which junk food is awarded the same high status as sex."
- Quote by Sue Grafton
7. "The status quo sucks."
- Quote by George Carlin
8. "In a massive, long-term study of 17,000 civil servants, an almost unbelievable conclusion emerged: the status of a person's job was more likely to predict their likelihood of a heart attack than obesity, smoking or high blood pressure."
- Matt Ridley, Genome: the Autobiography of a Species in 23 Chapters
9. "New York state grape scientists go so far as to say that 'the site characteristics of rain fall, soil nutrients, organic matter, high lime, soil texture and pH are minor compared with soil depth, temperature and replant status."
- Jeff Cox, From Vines to Wines: The Complete Guide to Growing Grapes and Making Your Own Wine