1. "cocksure prophet. Where I beg to differ with the great"
- Nassim Nicholas Taleb, The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable
2. "Comedy is protest. It's "I beg to differ," if you're fancy, or if you're Jewish, "Hey, listen to this!"
- Quote by Mel Brooks
4. "I beg to differ," said Doyle. "Famous murderers are only famous because they get caught. The best killers are those whose names we shall never know."
- Quote by Seth Grahame-Smith
5. "I am not exuding anything," said Holly through gritted teeth. Orion tapped her shoulder. "I beg to differ. You're exuding right now, a wonderful aura. It's pastel blue with little dolphins."
- Eoin Colfer, The Atlantis Complex
6. "You dog, how dare you speak to me like that! What, is the notorious Pirate Queen a mewing virgin and not the spitting tiger she pretends to be? What I am is something you’ll not find out in a devil’s decade! I beg to differ—he grinned rakishly—madam. "
- Danelle Harmon, My Lady Pirate
7. "Let's be clear: unless I have profoundly misunderstood its position, I pretty much despise American Libertarianism. Have these people seriously looked at the problems of the world and thought, 'Hmm, what we need here is a bit more selfishness'? . . . I beg to differ."
- Quote by Iain Banks
8. "Joseph Roth ends Flight Without End with the sentence: No one in the whole world was as superfluous as he. I beg to differ. No one in the whole world is as superfluous as I. Not Franz Tunda, Roth’s protagonist, no. I am the one who has no occupation, no desire, no hope, no ambition, not even any self-love."
- Rabih Alameddine, An Unnecessary Woman
9. "Grown-ups and children are not readily encouraged to unearth the power of words. Adults are repeatedly assured a picture is worth a thousand of them, while the playground response to almost any verbal taunt is 'sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.' I don't beg so much as command to differ."
- Inga Muscio, Cunt: A Declaration of Independence