1. "The journalist and critic I. F. Stone would call the state of mind that permitted the Pearl Harbor attack sheer stodgy unimaginative bureaucratic complacency."
- James D. Hornfischer, Neptune's Inferno: The U.S. Navy at Guadalcanal
5. "[I]f [we] believe in [ourselves], [we] can accomplish anything."
- Quote by Greg Mortenson
7. "I leave behind this hurricane of f***ing lies"
- Green Day, Green Day -- American Idiot: Guitar Songbook Edition
8. "I wish you luck with a capital "F"."
- Quote by Elvis Costello
9. "One stifling summer afternoon last August, in the attic of a tiny stone house in Pennsylvania, I made a most interesting discovery: the shortest, cheapest method of inducing a nervous breakdown ever perfected. In this technique..., the subject is placed in a sharply sloping attic heated to 340 F and given a mothproof closet known as the Jiffy-Cloz to assemble."
- S.J. Perelman, The Most Of S.J.Perelman