1. "Too often, leaders attempt to change the way people act without changing the way they think (i.e., their beliefs). As a result, they get compliance, but not commitment; involvement, but not investment; and progress, but not lasting performance."
- Roger Connors, Change the Culture
2. "The urge toward action, i.e., improvement of the conditions of life, is inborn in man. Man himself changes from moment to moment and his valuations, volitions, and acts change with him. In the realm of action there is nothing perpetual but change. There"
- Ludwig von Mises, Human Action
- John Baker, Celebrate Recovery Daily Devotional: 366 Devotionals
7. "That is neoliberal democracy in a nutshell: trivial debate over minor issues by parties that basically pursue the same pro-business policies regardless of formal differences and campaign debate. Democracy is permissible as long as the control of business is off-limits to popular deliberation or change; i.e. so long as it isn’t democracy."
- Noam Chomsky, Profit Over People: Neoliberalism and Global Order
8. "...people are no longer interested in analysis. They all prefer catharsis now. They all prefer to say that they are helpless and can’t change other people, i.e. the world. Marxism has been replaced by postmodernism. Psychoanalysis has been replaced by twelve-step programs. It was the end of the content."
- Sarah Schulman, Empathy
10. "I identify it (i.e., Kadesh Barnea) with Mecca."
- Quote by Immanuel Velikovsky