5. "The most vital things in the look of a landscape endure only for a moment. Work should be done from memory; memory of that vital moment."
- Quote by Robert Henri
8. "Our most cultural state is one of total certainty—which is the reason those of us who are most certain are those who are most out of touch with nature (i.e., reality)."
- Anthony Marais, Delusionism
9. "FREQUENTLY, PHYSICAL ILLNESSES are the body’s response to permanent disregard of its vital functions. One of our most vital functions is an ability to listen to the true story of our own lives."
- Alice Miller, The Body Never Lies: The Lingering Effects of Cruel Parenting