Inert Sentences from Popular Quotes and Books
2. "But nobody had been interested in inert and prosaic things like crowbars."
Lee Child, The Enemy
4. "Thought is a melody, Audrey thinks, while the body is an inert mechanism of cogs, springs, chains and ratchets..."
Will Self, Umbrella
5. "Reading is perception as translation. The inert signs of an alphabet become living meanings in the mind."
Siri Hustvedt, Living
6. "Nothing in education is so astonishing as the amount of ignorance it accumulates in the form of inert facts."
Quote by Henry Adams
7. "Evil is not good's absence but gravity's everlasting bedrock and its fatal chains inert, violent, the suffrage of our days."
Geoffrey Hill, Canaan
8. "It is by avoiding the rapid decay into the inert state of ‘equilibrium’ that an organism appears so enigmatic;"
Erwin Schrödinger, What is Life?
10. "Children are simultaneously required to constitute themselves as autonomous subjects, responsible, free and conscious, and to constitute themselves as submissive, inert, obedient, conforming objects."
Jean Baudrillard, Simulacra and Simulation