1. "Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth."
- Quote by John F. Kennedy
2. "When the friendly jailer gave Socrates the poison cup to drink, the jailer said: "Try to bear lightly what needs must be." Socrates did. He faced death with a calmness and resignation that touched the hem of divinity."
- Dale Carnegie, How to Stop Worrying and Start Living
7. "As the two wardens looked on, the jailer shackled the old woman to an iron band with"
- James A. Connor, Kepler's Witch: An Astronomer's Discovery of Cosmic Order Amid Religious War
9. "The jailer is you. You’re the only person who has the key to your cell. You’re the only one who can open the door that leads to freedom."
- Norman Vincent Peale, Positive Imaging: The Powerful Way to Change Your Life
10. "Approved attributes and their relation to face make every man his own jailer; this is a fundamental social constraint even though each man may like his cell."
- Quote by Erving Goffman