4. "John Bowlby (1973) reported on a landmark study of the adoption of securely attached toddlers that demonstrated that transitional objects had a major impact on reducing placement trauma. In this study, many of the toddlers’ belongings, including beds, blankets, and toys, accompanied them to their new homes."
- Mary Hopkins-Best, Toddler Adoption: The Weaver's Craft
5. "And let’s not forget that George Washington loved the Indians, according to Glenn Beck,126 never mind that he waged an annihilationist war against them. Indeed, Washington wrote to Major General John Sullivan, imploring him to lay waste to all Iroquois settlements, so that their lands may not be merely overrun but destroyed.127"
- Tim Wise, Dear White America: Letter to a New Minority
6. "Washington gave the order to Major General John Sullivan that no matter what complaints he heard from the local tribes, he should not by any means listen to any overture of peace before the total ruinment of their settlements is effected."
- Peter Manseau, One Nation
9. "John [Ivan] the Terrible,"
- Niall Ferguson, The Abyss: World War I and the End of the First Age of Globalization-A Selection from The War of the World
10. "He's no John Walton."
- Haven Kimmel, She Got Up Off the Couch: And Other Heroic Acts from Mooreland