Keyboard: Off Language: English
Niall Ferguson, The Ascent of Money: A Financial History of the World
2. "corn dogs"
Jodi Picoult, Leaving Time
3. "field full of corn stubble"
Sam Reaves, Cold Black Earth
4. "So that's us: processed corn, walking."
Michael Pollan, The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals
5. "corn sweetener is to the republic of fat what corn whiskey was to the alcoholic republic."
Susan Cheever, Drinking in America: Our Secret History
6. "I give boring people something to discuss over corn."
Aimee Bender, The Girl in the Flammable Skirt
7. "a horse eatin’ corn, Butch piled on instantly. Raymond"
John Grisham, Fetching Raymond: A Ford County Story
8. "That’s Kansas. Or Missouri. One of those corn states."
Julia London, The Bridesmaid
9. "peas in their silk shoes, the dazzling rain-drenched corn."
Mary Oliver, New and Selected Poems
10. "Poetry is a lot harder to sell than corn."
Eloisa James, Paris in Love