3. "Who designed the circuit? What do they say? They’re all either long retired or long dead. And they didn’t expect the programs to last more than a few years anyway. So there’s no documentation. It was just a bunch of geeks standing around a lab bench, trying to figure things out. No one remembers the exact details. No one is smart enough to work it out again backward. And"
- Lee Child, Night School
4. "On a bench in Essex’s lab was a 10-teraflop processor about the size of a standard desktop. It ran, however, about ten thousand times faster, at ten trillion operations a second. We’ve developed a very sophisticated test called the ‘holy shit test,’ said Moodispaw. One day we had three different sets of government customers come in to see what we could do. They all said, ‘Holy shit, you can do that?’ We’re getting results nobody else can on the technology side. Eavesdropping"
- James Bamford, The Shadow Factory: The Ultra-Secret NSA from 9/11 to the Eavesdropping on America
7. "Nothing says Christmas like a burning meth lab."
- Christopher Moore, The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror
10. "A throne is only a bench covered with velvet."
- Quote by Napoléon Bonaparte