2. "Scientific prayer makes God a celestial lab rat, leading to bad science and worse religion."
- Quote by Michael Shermer
4. "The new priest in his whitish lab-coat gives you nothing at all except a constantly changing vocabulary which he -- because he usually doesn't know any Greek -- can't pronounce, and you are expected to trust him implicitly because he knows what you are too dumb to comprehend. It's the most overweening, pompous priesthood mankind has ever endured in all its recorded history, and its lack of symbol and metaphor and its zeal for abstraction drive mankind to a barren land of starved imagination."
- Robertson Davies, What's Bred in the Bone
10. "Researchers use alloxan in lab rats to induce diabetes. That’s right—it’s used to produce diabetes. This is bad news if you eat anything white or enriched."
- Timothy Ferriss, The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss