2. "Gasm was one of the first to put a warning label on their record. Lucas saw the sticker on the shrink-wrap of Pain Threshold. WARNING! This record contains music that has been SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN to pollute your precious bodily fluids, grow hair on your hands, kill your goldfish, and cause mass starvation in the Third World. If you subject yourself to this music, your soul will fry in hell forever, world without end, PLAY IT LOUD!!!"
- Chet Williamson, A Haunting of Horrors: A Twenty-Novel eBook Bundle of Horror and the Occult
5. "Ani DiFranco or Ani, as she is universally know to her fans, was, to a certain kind of white, middle-class woman, girl power in the purest sense. At twenty, she founded her own record label, Righteous Babe. She's released dozens of albums (and has sold over four million copies), had a baby, documented her life on the road, and opened for Bob Dylan."
- Marisa Meltzer, Girl Power: The Nineties Revolution in Music
6. "What I am searching for is the gaps - the silences. This is how I see the past: as an excavation. You sift through the rubble, pick up one fragment here, another there, label it and record where you found it, noting the time and date of discovery. It is not just the foundations I am looking for but something at once more and less tangible."
- Azar Nafisi, Things I've Been Silent About: Memories
7. "Once you label me you negate me."
- Quote by Søren Kierkegaard