1. "Instrument of Accession"
- Ramachandra Guha, India After Gandhi: The History of the World's Largest Democracy
2. "As a legal and economic instrument, the zone presides over a cocktail of enticements and legal exemptions that are sometimes mixed together with domestic civil laws, sometimes manipulated by business to create international law, and sometimes adopted by the nation in its entirety. Incentives vary in every location but might include: holidays from income or sales taxes, dedicated utilities like electricity or broadband, deregulation of labor laws, prohibition of labor unions and strikes, deregulation of environmental laws, streamlined customs and access to cheap imported or domestic labor, cheap land and foreign ownership of property, exemption from import/export duties, foreign language services, or relaxed licensing requirements."
- Keller Easterling, Extrastatecraft: The Power of Infrastructure Space
3. "It is true that there are important differences between that money which plays the chief part in domestic trade, is the instrument of most exchanges, predominates in the dealings between consumers and sellers of consumption goods, and in loan transactions, and is recognized by the law as legal tender, and that money which is employed in relatively few transactions, is hardly ever used by consumers in their purchases, does not function as an instrument of loan operations, and is not legal tender. In popular opinion, the former money only is domestic money, the latter foreign money. Although we cannot accept this if we do not want to close the way to an understanding of the problem that occupies us, we must nevertheless emphasize that it has great significance in other connexions."
- Ludwig von Mises, The Theory of Money and Credit
6. "Ring!" he shrieked at the vapid instrument."
- Quote by Barry Hannah
7. "political instrument adapted to the new times,"
- Marta Harnecker, A World to Build: New Paths toward Twenty-first Century Socialism
8. "This part of the story is true enough. What the storytellers omit, however, is that the Democrats are the ones who caused the backlash! They are the ones who from the beginning opposed black freedom and black equality, undermining voting rights and equal treatment under the law. They were the true enemies of racial and social justice. Moreover, the Democrats did those things not just through political and legal measures but also through domestic terrorism. Indeed, the Ku Klux Klan was a licensed instrument of terror and intimidation unleashed by Democrats and operating for the benefit of the Democratic Party."
- Dinesh D'Souza, Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party
9. "Language is power, life and the instrument of culture, the instrument of domination and liberation."
- Quote by Angela Carter