2. "Alexander Morris, lieutenant governor of Manitoba in the 1870s and chief treaty negotiator: [I wish] to take the Ojibwa by the hand and never let go your hand. We"
- John Ralston Saul, The Comeback
3. "Please proceed, Governor."
- Quote by Barack Obama
8. "First Lieutenant George Armstrong Custer—his new regular army rank dated to July 17—was"
- Thom Hatch, Glorious War: The Civil War Adventures of George Armstrong Custer
9. "The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case."
- Quote by George W. Bush