1. he taught foreign languages
2. the language introduced is standard throughout the text
3. the speed with which a program can be executed depends on the language in which it is written
- Kerry Patterson, Crucial Conversations Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High
2. "I can't help but admire the structural linguists who have carved out for themselves a linguistic discipline based on the deterioration of written communication. Another case of men devoting their lives to studying more and more about less and less-filling volumes and libraries with the subtle linguistic analysis of the grunt."
- Daniel Keyes, Flowers for Algernon
3. "epistolary communication:"
- Isabel Allende, My Invented Country: A Nostalgic Journey Through Chile
6. "Self-consciousness kills communication."
- Quote by Rick Steves
8. "communication simply requires"
- Charles Petzold, Code: The Hidden Language of Computer Hardware and Software
9. "Barriers shut down communication."
- Lysa TerKeurst, Unglued: Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions