2. "It's not through words but actions that I want to set the luster on my life."
- Sophocles, The Oedipus Cycle: Oedipus Rex/Oedipus at Colonus/Antigone
3. "The soul is placed in the body like a rough diamond, and must be polished, or the luster of it will never appear."
- Quote by Daniel Defoe
4. "Sweet? Submissive? May as well be a housewife … it dims my luster, makes me resemble others—that’s the worst thing that could happen."
- Karen Abbott, American Rose: A Nation Laid Bare: The Life and Times of Gypsy Rose Lee
5. "Rising genius always shoots out its rays from among the clouds, but these will gradually roll away and disappear as it ascends to its steady luster."
- Quote by Washington Irving
6. "Though [Jesus’] words were profound, they were plain. His words were weighty, yet they shone with a luster and simplicity of statement that staggered His enemies."
- Billy Graham, Billy Graham in Quotes
8. "It is always the Age of Iron, and the Golden Age is always behind us, giving off a luster that illuminates the terminal shabbiness of our present condition."
- A.O. Scott, Better Living Through Criticism: How to Think about Art
9. "Beauty is a luster which love bestows to guile the eye. Therefore it may be said that only when the brain is without love will the eye look and see no beauty."
- Quote by Jack Vance