2. "We are all failures—at least, all the best of us are. —J. M. BARRIE"
- John C. Maxwell, Failing Forward: How to Make the Most of Your Mistakes
3. "PLAYBOY OF THE WESTERN WORLD AND RIDERS TO THE SEA, J. M. Synge. 80pp. 0-486-27562-0 THE"
- Mark Twain, The Wit and Wisdom of Mark Twain: A Book of Quotations
4. "the startling line in J. M. Barrie’s Peter Pan, where Captain Hook is described: The man isn’t wholly evil; he has a thesaurus in his cabin."
- Phil Cousineau, The Painted Word: A Treasure Chest of Remarkable Words and Their Origins
5. "Dr. M. J. Kornblum and Dr. Albert Steinhoff, both obstetricians, share an office. On the door, under their office hours, some lets printed: 24-HOUR SERVICE … WE DELIVER"
- Leo Rosten, The New Joys of Yiddish: Completely Updated
6. "Lewis Carroll and J. M. Barrie were very strange men, and such is the nature of the written word that their personal strangeness shines straight through all the layers of Disneyfication like X-rays through a wall. Probably"
- Neal Stephenson, In the Beginning...Was the Command Line
7. "Dans la vie,j`ai eu le choix entre l`amour,la drogue et la mort.J`ai choisi les deux premèires et c`est la troisième qui m`a choisi"
- Quote by Jim Morrison
8. "J. M. Barrie founded a celebrity cricket team with Arthur Conan Doyle, H. G. Wells, Jerome K. Jerome, G. K. Chesterton, A. A. Milne, Rudyard Kipling and P. G. Wodehouse."
- John Lloyd, 1,411 QI Facts To Knock You Sideways
9. "A house is never still in darkness to those who listen intently; there is a whispering in distant chambers, an unearthly hand presses the snib of the window, the latch rises. ~ J. M. Barrie"
- Loren W. Christensen, Cops' True Stories of the Paranormal: Ghosts
10. "When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies. J. M. BARRIE"
- Allen Klein, The Art of Living Joyfully: How to be Happier Every Day of the Year