4. "maura: i am isaac, will. me: don't be stupid. he's a guy. maura: no he's not. he's a profile. i made him up. me: yeah, right. maura: i did. no. no no no no no no no no no no no no no. me: what? no please no what no no please no fuck no NO. maura: isaac doesn't exist. he's never existed."
- David Levithan, Will Grayson
7. "maura: is there anything you want to tell me? me: yeah. I want to tell you that my third nipple is lactating and my butt cheeks are threatening to unionize. what do you think I should do about it? maura: I feel you're not telling me something."
- David Levithan, 101 Ways to Stop Being Bored!
8. "Nice work, I said, alluding to her nails. Maura, at The Hair Palace, does them. She’s a genius with nails, and she’ll bikini wax you till you’re bald as a billiard ball."
- Janet Evanovich, One for the Money
9. "We're all struggling to stay upright, Maura thought. Resisting the pull of temptation,just as we fight the pull of gravity. And when we finally fall, it's always such a surprise."
- Tess Gerritsen, The Sinner