3. "The hyperbole was accompanied by plain macaroni."
- Nick Joaquín, Reportage on Crime: Thirteen Horror Happenings That Hit the Headlines
5. "One of Beethoven's favorite dishes was macaroni and cheese. The girl I marry must be able to make good macaroni and cheese..." "How did Beethoven feel about cold cereal?"
- Charles M. Schulz, The Complete Peanuts
7. "I don't know - maybe the world has two different kinds of people, and for one kind the world is this logical, rice pudding place, and for the other it's all hit-or-miss macaroni cheese. I bet if those tree frog parents of mine put rice pudding mix in the microwave and got macaroni cheese when the bell rang, they'd just tell themselves, "Oh, we must have put in macaroni cheese mix by mistake," or they'd take out the macaroni cheese and try to convince themselves, "This looks like macaroni cheese, but actually it's rice pudding." And if I tried to be nice and explain to them that sometimes, when you put in rice pudding mix, you get macaroni cheese, they would never believe me. They'd probably just get mad. Do you understand what I'm trying to tell you, Mr Wind-up Bird?"
- Quote by Haruki Murakami
9. "Just go into any 'home cooking' restaurant in any town you're visiting. If the menu lists macaroni and cheese as a vegetable-- you know you're in the South."
- Maryln Schwartz, New Times In The Old South: Or Why Scarlett's in Therapy & Tara's Going Condo