1. "ACROAMATICAL (ACROAMA'TICAL) adj.[ Gr. I bear.]Of or pertaining to deep learning; the opposite of exoterical."
- Samuel Johnson, A Dictionary of the English Language (Complete and Unabridged in Two Volumes)
2. "specifically of the basic provisions of bread and fish, with no mention of fishing boats, lake cabins, or new video games. Perhaps the answer is in the point He has already made, that the truly good things we seek first are the issues pertaining to the kingdom of God. In a parallel passage found in Luke’s gospel, Jesus clarifies His focus on the good things we should expect with"
- Daniel Henderson, Transforming Prayer
3. "Traumatic memories are hallucinatory and involuntary experiences consisting of dissociated sensorimotor phenomena, including visual images, sensations, emotions, and/or motor acts pertaining to past traumatic experiences that may engross the entire perceptual field (e.g.,Van der Kolk & Fisler, 1995)."
- Quote by Kathy Steele
4. "In spiritual issues--(by "spiritual" I mean: "pertaining to man's consciousness")--a trader is a man who does not seek to be loved for his weaknesses or flaws, only for his virtues, and who does not grant his love to the weaknesses or the flaws of others, only to their virtues."
- Ayn Rand, The Virtue of Selfishness: A New Concept of Egoism
6. "Of all the beautiful truths pertaining to the soul which have been restored and brought to light in this age, none is more gladdening or fruitful of divine promise and confidence than this—that man is the master of thought, the moulder of character, and the maker and shaper of condition, environment, and destiny."
- James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
8. "What was the fruit of the Messiah’s grace? Rest—a rest pertaining to my existence, most assuredly superior to passing minutes of stillness or peace I may have experienced in meditation. I have come to appreciate that this new life is something Jesus wants for everyone, irrespective of race or religion. It is a unique and eternal boon available to everyone who turns to Him with confidence. So, today I walk on in gratitude."
- Sid Roth, Truth Seekers: Ten Amazing People Who Found It!
9. "I don't mean to say that I'm about to state my credo here on this page, but merely to affirm, sincerely for the first time in my life, my belief in man as an individual and independent entity. Certainly not independence in the everyday sense of the word, but pertaining to a freedom and mobility of thought that few people are able - or even have the courage - to achieve."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Kingdom of Fear: Loathsome Secrets of a Star-crossed Child in the Final Days of the American Century