2. "it seems we’ve got a mental block when it comes to hypermedia in web APIs. This is a big problem, because hypermedia is the feature that makes a web API capable of handling changes gracefully."
- Leonard Richardson, RESTful Web APIs
4. "The moment you stop smoking, everything that goes wrong in your life is blamed on the fact that you’ve stopped smoking. Now when you have a mental block, instead of just getting on with it you start to say, ‘If only I could light up now, it would solve my problem.’ You then start to question your decision to quit smoking."
- Allen Carr, Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life
5. "Love is everywhere, but if our eyes aren’t open to see it, we miss out. Who among us hasn’t missed out on love because we were looking for it in one package and it came in another? Our problem is rarely a lack of love so much as a mental block to our awareness of its presence.*"
- Marianne Williamson, The Gift of Change: Spiritual Guidance for Living Your Best Life
6. "The psychosphere, the logosphere, is permeated by concepts, ideas, verbalizations, a whole apparatus devised, or rather evolved, to form some sort of mental contact with reality--or to block it off. That is, a large circle of the "thinking," "educated" class take ideas as more veridical than facts."
- Quote by Robert Conquest
7. "Jane had a mental block the size of the polar ice cap when it came to Andy’s job. He said IT programming was no harder than learning a language but she’d never been able to do that either. As long as their computer at home let her occasionally shop on eBay she was fine not knowing why."
- Michele Gorman, The Curvy Girls Baby Club
10. "The cancer wasn’t a stumbling block."
- Joel Osteen, The Power of I Am: Two Words That Will Change Your Life Today