1. "In short, the abusive mentality is the mentality of oppression."
- Lundy Bancroft, Why Does He Do That?: Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men
3. "The difference between a trader and an investor lies in the duration of the bet, and the corresponding size. There"
- Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Fooled by Randomness: The Hidden Role of Chance in Life and in the Markets
5. "Popular music is a microcosm of the culture, Eliza. It reflects the mentality of the population."
- Quote by Tiffanie DeBartolo
7. "Who do you work for? That question haunted salesmen. Whenever a trader screwed a customer and the salesman became upset, the trader would ask the salesman, Who do you work for anyway? The message was clear: You work for Salomon Brothers. You work for me. I pay your bonus at the end of the year. So just shut up, you geek."
- Michael Lewis, Liar's Poker
8. "… a slave mentality which had been built into him by years of carrot-and-whip grading, a mule mentality which said, If you don’t whip me, I won’t work. He didn’t get whipped. He didn’t work."
- Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values
9. "A hardship mentality can make us narrow and defensive. A success and prosperity mentality can make us selfish. An attitude of thankfulness to God, for what He gives us, can make us truly generous."
- Charles R. Ringma, Seize the Day -- with Dietrich Bonhoeffer: A 365 Day Devotional
10. "WHEN YOU HAVE A PAYCHECK-TO-PAYCHECK MENTALITY, IT IS DIFFICULT TO SEE THE POSSIBILITY OF HAVING"
- Iyanla Vanzant, Forgiveness: 21 Days to Forgive Everyone for Everything