1. "Each reader needs to bring his or her own mind and heart to the text."
- Quote by Dean Koontz
4. "The law does not require you to be a mind-reader"
- Quote by Richard Harris
9. "My gentle Reader, I perceive / How patiently you’ve waited, / And now I fear that you expect / Some tale will be related. / O Reader! had you in your mind / Such stores as silent thought can bring, / O gentle Reader! you would find / A tale in every thing."
- Quote by William Wordsworth
10. "In 1938, Louise Rosenblatt introduced reader response theory or the transactional view of reading. She asserted that what the reader brings to the reading act - his or her world of experiences, personality, and current frame of mind - is just as important in interpreting the text as what the author writes. According to this view, reading is a fusion of text and reader."
- Carl M. Tomlinson, Essentials of Young Adult Literature