5. "Samuel: What's a misanthrope? Two Bob: A misanthrope is a bugger who hates every other bugger. Samuel: Are we misanthropes? Arthur: Lord no! We're family."
- Quote by Nick Cave
6. "Euripides "questioned everything. He was a misanthrope who preferred books to men."
- Quote by Edith Hamilton
8. "Some book reviewer whose name I forget recently called me a 'vicious misanthrope' . . . or maybe it was a 'cynical misanthrope'. . . but either way, he (or she) was right; and what got me this way was politics."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72
9. "I fall in love with everything I also hate everything. It’s very hard to be a misanthrope and a romantic."
- Quote by Marilyn Manson