1. "Hell is full of musical amateurs."
- Quote by George Bernard Shaw
4. "Every disease is a musical problem; every cure is a musical solution."
- Quote by Novalis
5. "Fresh proof of the risks you run in writing about players, and of the advisability of not standing to leeward of their self-esteem when one has had the misfortune to wound it in the slightest degree. When you criticize a singer, you do not have his colleagues up in arms against you. Indeed, they generally feel that you have not been severe enough. But the virtuoso instrumentalist who belongs to a well-known musical organization always claims that in criticizing him you are 'insulting' the whole institution, and though the contention is absurd he sometimes succeeds in making the other players believe it."
- Hector Berlioz, The Memoirs
6. "If politics were a musical, it would be "Promises, Promises"."
- Quote by Ronald Reagan
10. "No one could honestly say that a musical makes sense."
- Quote by Siegfried Kracauer