2. "Maybe you misunderstood.. A world without Haruka isn't a world worth saving. - Michiru/Sailor Neptune"
- Quote by Naoko Takeuchi
3. "Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune."
- Quote by Noam Chomsky
4. "In the birth charts of tarot readers, Neptune tends to figure prominently, often in aspect to the Moon, which is also related to intuition and psychic awareness."
- Anthony Louis, Tarot Beyond the Basics: Gain a Deeper Understanding of the Meanings Behind the Cards
5. "You speak horse?" Hazel asked. "Speaking to horses is a Poseidon thing," Percy said. "Uh, I mean a Neptune thing." "Then you and Arion should get along fine," Hazel said. "He's a son of Neptune too." Percy turned pale. "Excuse me?"
- Rick Riordan, The Son of Neptune
6. "We’re all atheists. You don’t believe in Zeus or Thor or Neptune or Augustus Caesar or Mars or Venus or Sun Ra. You reject a thousand gods. Why should it bother you if someone else rejects a thousand and one?"
- Lee Child, Nothing to Lose
7. "Le Verrier—without leaving his study, without even looking at the sky—had found the unknown planet [Neptune] solely by mathematical calculation, and, as it were, touched it with the tip of his pen!"
- Camille Flammarion, Astronomy for Amateurs
8. "The suggestion that the cores of the gas giants might consist of diamond was first made by Marvin Ross of the University of California’s Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in a classic paper The ice layer in Uranus and Neptune—diamonds in the sky? (Nature, Vol. 292, No. 5822, pp. 435–36, July 30, 1981.) Surprisingly, Ross did not extend his calculations to Jupiter."
- Arthur C. Clarke, 2061: Odyssey Three
9. "We don’t go near the bridge,’ said Lymond peacefully. ‘Excuse me,’ said Fergie Hoddim. ‘How can you wreck a fine bridge without going near it?’ ‘By sending something else near it instead,’ Lymond said. ‘An ox to Jupiter, a dog to Hecate, a dove to Venus, a sow to Ceres, a fish to Neptune. What, instead of Fergie Hoddim, shall we sacrifice?"
- Dorothy Dunnett, Checkmate
10. "So down and down and down and down And down and down we go Hurry my darling we mustn't be late For the show Neptune champion games to an aqua World so very dear Right this way smiles a mermaid I can hear Atlantis full of cheer."
- Quote by Jimi Hendrix