1. "Love makes me naked; Propinquity's a harsh master; O the songs we hide singing to ourselves!"
- Quote by Theodore Roethke
5. "O Sultan, my master, if my clothes are ripped and torn it is because your dogs with claws are allowed to tear me."
- Quote by Nizar Qabbani
6. "see you what you are, you are too proud. 240 But if you were the devil, you are fair. My lord and master loves you – O, such love Could be but recompensed, though you were crowned The nonpareil of beauty!"
- William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night
7. "Auld John may dee a beggar in a hay barn, or at the back of a dike, but he sall aye be master o' his ain thoughts an' gie them vent or no, as he likes"
- Quote by James Hogg
8. "Speed. O jest unseen, inscrutable, invisible, As a nose on a man's face, or a weathercock on a steeple! My master sues to her, and she hath taught her suitor, He being her pupil, to become her tutor. O excellent device! was there ever heard a better, That my master, being scribe, to himself should write the letter? Valentine. How now, sir? what are you reasoning with yourself? Speed. Nay, I was rhyming: 'tis you that have the reason."
- William Shakespeare, The Two Gentlemen of Verona