2. "Negativity is never the optimum way of dealing with any situation."
- Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
6. "Without clean water, we cannot experience optimum health, but by practically every public health standard issued during the past 50 years, humans have not experienced optimum health. One of the reasons for this fact is simple: the Earth’s water is in crisis."
- Elson M. Haas, Staying Healthy with Nutrition
7. "(...) my preoccupation in a larger sense is the optimum man. The question of establishing an internal ecology, where the optimum liver works with the optimum spleen and the optimum eyeball and so forth. Now, when you get to the mind—not the brain, but the optimum mind—then you have the whole inner space idea; my conviction is that there’s more room there than there is in outer space, in each individual human being. Love of course has a great deal to do with that, as a necessary coloration and adjunct to everything that we do—to love oneself, to love the parts of oneself, to love the interaction of the parts of oneself, and then the interaction of that whole organism with those of another person. Which is as good a definition of love as you can get, I think."
- Theodore Sturgeon, The Complete Stories of Theodore Sturgeon
8. "My justly famous brain was the very last asset I had; using it to play back one small cruel song over and over was not really the optimum function of this rare and valuable piece of machinery."
- Jeff Lindsay, Dexter Is Dead
9. "In short, and this is a highly important point to grasp, the depression is the recovery process, and the end of the depression heralds the return to normal, and to optimum efficiency."
- Murray N. Rothbard, America's Great Depression
10. "It is self-evident that the tabula rasa of modernization favors the optimum use of earth-moving equipment inasmuch as a totally flat datum is regarded as the most economic matrix upon which to predicate the rationalization of construction."
- Quote by Kenneth Frampton